Sunday, April 18, 2010

Empire State of Mind (feat. Steve)

We're in New York, staying with our pals Kathleen and Martha at their East Village apartment.

Today I went to new Yankee Stadium -- the 21st current stadium I've been to a game at -- and saw the friggin' Skankees beat the Rangers. The place is as opulent and state-of-the-art as I'd expected, but it was also surprisingly bland. Then again, the old Yankee Stadium didn't knock my socks off either. What can I say? I don't like the Yankees, and though I appreciate their incomparable history, the whole Yankees thing just doesn't do it for me.

Here's the House That Ruth Built, now mostly demolished...

After the game I had some hot dogs at Papaya King...

Later I happened upon the Physical Graffiti building...

Nearby is this goofy mural of Joe Strummer, looking more like a nerdy Bruce Springsteen...

Mets game tomorrow!
***

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home