Friday, December 31, 2010

My Favorite Music, Movies, DVDs & Books of '10!

For that matter, here's my favorite music, movies, DVDs and books of the decade (so far)...

Songs
The Baseball Project – The Panda and the Freak
Best Coast - Boyfriend
Black Keys – Tighten Up
The Corin Tucker Band – Riley
Dum Dum Girls – It Only Takes One Night
Los Campesinos! – Romance is Boring
M.I.A. – Born Free
Vampire Weekend – Holiday
The Walkmen – Angela Surf City
Notes: I listed songs instead of albums, since really the only new 2010 album that I've found thoroughly enjoyable is Best Coast's Crazy for You. Otherwise, my favorite '10 albums are either new reissues of old faves (Springsteen, Stones, Stooges), or new-to-me favorites from years past (Nikki & the Corvettes, Wire), neither of which apply.

Movies
Exit Through the Gift Shop
The Fighter
Greenberg
Joan Rivers: A Piece of Work
The Kids Are All Right
Let Me In
The Social Network
The Tillman Story
True Grit
Winter’s Bone
Notes: I watched 45 movies this year, 13 of which were 2010 releases. I have yet to see these promising titles: Black Swan, Blue Valentine, Inception, Life During Wartime, 127 Hours...

DVDs
30 for 30
Baseball: The Tenth Inning
Big Love: Season 3
Curb Your Enthusiasm: Season 7
In Treatment: Season 2
Ladies and Gentlemen: the Rolling Stones
Let’s Spend the Night Together
The T.A.M.I. Show
This Emotional Life
Notes: I couldn't come up with a tenth item.

Books
Big Hair and Plastic Grass by Daniel Epstein
Blockade Billy by Stephen King
Cardboard Gods by Josh Wilker
Freedom by Jonathan Franzen (the first 277 pages, anyhow)
Life by Keith Richards
Mint Condition by Dave Jamieson
Other Lives by Peter Bagge
Stitches by David Small
Undeleted Scenes by Jeffrey Brown
Wilson by Daniel Clowes
Notes: I finished 30 books this year. The best non-2010 books I read were H.G. Bissinger's Friday Night Lights, Franklin Foer's How Soccer Explains the World, Eric Schlosser's Fast Food Nation, Larry Tye's Satchel, Malcolm Gladwell's Blink and The Tipping Point, and George F. Will's Men at Work (even though he's a douche).
***

Labels: , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home