Monday, December 26, 2011

Merry Xmas to Me

As per my Christmas list, Eliza got me this kickass 1965 edition of Æsop's Fables, selected and adapted by Louis Untermeyer, and wonderfully illustrated by the wife-husband team of Alice and Martin Provensen.

Others have posted images of the cover and inside pages, so I'm just showing a few details here.

The book was treasured by my sisters and me when we were kids. My oldest sister still has that copy, so I'm happy to finally have one of my own... The Provensens also illustrated some other books that I haven't seen before, but I have now reserved at the library... Incidentally, their Æsop's illustrations remind me of Ed Fotheringham -- he's the former lead singer of Seattle's infamous Thrown-Ups, who recorded such tunes as "Smiling Panties," "Felch," and "Eat My Dump."
***

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home