Monday, April 01, 2013

Happy 25th, Sub Pop!

The venerable Seattle label hits the big two-five today, at least according to Sub PopWikipedia says otherwise -- a lame April Fool's joke?

Toeing the company line, Mudhoney frontman Mark Arm mentioned today's 25th anniversary during tonight's in-store show at the West Seattle Easy Street Records. A good performance, and afterwards I went into total fanboy mode: I had all four band members shake my hand and sign my free Ed Fotheringham poster, and I even got a photo with Mark Arm himself, one of my all-time rock 'n' roll idols...

 
Sub Pop was the shit in late-'80s/early-'90s Seattle, when Mudhoney was king (tho' soon dethroned by lesser label-mates Soundgarden and Nirvana). While Sub Pop worked with heaps of cool acts, my other all-time favorite band to record for the label is Girl Trouble.

Looking forward to July's Sub Pop Silver Jubilee...
***

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home