Friday, July 21, 2006

Our Easternmost, One-Syllabled State


For the next week I'll be outta town and largely away from the WWW, so my blog entries will slow down to, uh, whatever's less than a trickle. Eliza and I are gonna kick back with her folks on North Haven, an island in Maine. The Pine Tree State will become the 29th state I’ve visited in my life (ten of which I haven’t actually spent a night in (four of which I haven’t actually ventured outside the airport (and one of which, Nebraska, I didn’t actually venture outside the plane (at Omaha's Eppley Airfield)))). Like Dishwasher Pete, I eventually wanna visit all 50 states, though I don’t wanna wash dishes in any of 'em. Regardless, I'll post highlights and pix when I get back to Sizattle. Should you desire a postcard, please print the above image, cut to size, and mail to me with an SASE. Now bring on the lobster.
***

Labels:

1 Comments:

At 12:35 PM, August 31, 2006 , Blogger Steve said...

CORRECTION: A post-trip recount shows that Maine is actually the 31st state I have visited in my life (not the 29th).

I apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home