Saturday, April 21, 2007

Devil, Devil, You Bastard You!

Like I was saying, Evel has found Baby Jesus yet again. The video of his recent Crystal Cathedral appearance is now posted on Robert Schuller's site, as well as an abridged transcript of the proceedings.

As per form, Evel plays to the crowd with his usual boasting and joking, yet he comes across as more humble and sincere than I've ever seen him. (He's noticeably short of breath too, like that wheezing black kid on Malcolm in the Middle.) Here's how he explained his miraculous transformation to the Crystal congregation:

"All of a sudden I just believed in Jesus Christ. I did, I believed in Him! I just don't know what happened to me. I just, I rose up in bed in Daytona the second night I was there. I rose up in bed and I was by myself. And I said, 'Devil, devil, you bastard you! Get away from me! I cast you out of my life!' I went to the balcony of my hotel room, and I said, 'I will take you and throw you, throw you on the beach. You will be dead, you will be gone. I don't want you around me anymore!'"

Holy crap. Barring any backslides, Evel'll hopefully makes lots of upcoming appearances on The 700 Club and other amusing TBN fare... Here's another account, from ChristianityToday.com.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home