Friday, December 19, 2008

Happy 60th, Scrabble™!

On Tuesday, my favorite board game hit the big six-oh.

Tonight I made this scan of of our portable board, the snap-in tiles in situ from our most recent match -- on August 8 of this year, while camping in Olympic National Park, I beat Eliza 282-248. Not too shabby, as my best-ever score is 323.

So killer is Scrabble™ that it inspired the killer book Word Freak, the killer documentary Word Wars, and Scrabulous, which hit the big oh-three this year (I haven't actually played it, so I'm not sure if it's indeed killer as well)...

Uh oh, Kwijybo on the loose!

1 Comments:

At 6:59 PM, December 22, 2008 , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'll bet that Eliza added the 'e' to your 'rim,' no doubt?

Dirty monkey, you...

-jp

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home