Sunday, August 16, 2009

Rainout!

Son of a bitch.

This morning I took the subway out to Wrigley Field and met my old pal Bill (former Seattleite/current Chicagoan of Lamestain fame) for today's Cubs-Pirates tilt. But, after the National Anthem was sung, it was delayed by intermittent thunderstorms for three-and-a-half hours before it was officially declared a rainout. So we went back to Bill's South Loop condo and ate Lou Malnati's Chicago-style pizza with his family. Yum.

I won't have another chance to catch the Cubs on this trip, but Chicago has so much cool stuff that I'll have to come back anyway. So far I've checked out many of the major buildings: the Sears Tower, the Hancock Center, the Tribune Tower, the Wrigley Building, the Water Tower, and Marina City. I also found the Realtor Building, whose exterior served as Dr. Robert Hartley's office on The Bob Newhart Show. Below it is the Billy Goat Tavern, where I had a shitty "cheezborger." I also walked the lengths of the Magnificent Mile and Navy Pier, where there supposedly is a Bob Newhart statue. I couldn't find it, but I did find the Picasso sculpture. Whatever.

Sox-Royals tomorrow, weather permitting.
***

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home