Monday, September 21, 2009

Ivar's Submarine Billboards

The supposed Ivar's billboards at the bottom of Puget Sound appear to be legit -- check out the videos.

This sort of goofy local lore sounds too awesome to be true, but it apparently is. They say the seven billboards, installed on the sea bed in 1955 and salvaged over the summer, will soon be on display around town. I can't wait.

I love Ivar's, both for the seafood as well as for its status as a Seattle institution -- since 1938! I enjoy me an occasional Ivar Dog at Mariners games, and it's no accident we had our wedding rehearsal dinner last spring at the kitschy-cool Ivar's Salmon House (with its Whalemaker Lounge). Unfortunately, I've lately had certain, um, "issues" with fish 'n' chips -- I hope it's a temporary thing.

Keep clam.

2 Comments:

At 6:20 PM, November 12, 2009 , Blogger Warren Langford said...

HOAX!!! Ivar fooled us!

 
At 6:30 PM, November 12, 2009 , Blogger Steve said...

Yeah, it's because of the usually credible Paul Dorpat that I believed it! Here's the story:

http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/html/localnews/2010253767_ivars12m.html

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home