Tuesday, September 07, 2010

We Hardly Knew Ye: Portland Beavers (Part 2)

The Beavs went out in style yesterday, beating Las Vegas 6-5 in a close, exciting game, played on a sunny afternoon before a sellout crowd of 15,639. Eliza took the above photo from our seats.

I hoped to get a cap or a program, but pretty much all the souvenirs were sold out. I settled for a pack of Beavers baseball cards and a pocket schedule.

After the game, Lucky autographed my scorecard:

As we headed out of the park, I exchanged waves with Rich Burk, and we listened to his post-game show on the drive home. He gave a lengthly, touching, funny reminiscence about his 16 years of broadcasting Portland baseball (man, I wish I heard the game when he spoonerized "Cust bunts"). Wherever this guy gets his next baseball broadcasting job -- let's hope it's in the big leagues -- I'll be listening.

A final photo-op outside the ballpark...

Lots more Oregonian coverage, including this cool time-lapse video...













And another...


***

Labels: , ,

2 Comments:

At 2:43 PM, September 09, 2010 , Blogger Kim Thompson said...

Two very well written posts Steve.

 
At 11:02 AM, September 16, 2010 , Blogger Christine said...

Nice job! I really enjoyed the posted videos.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home