Friday, July 18, 2008

Bubblegum Card of the Week: Don Mossi

Daniel Clowes drew this little aside in the story "I Love You Tenderly" in Eightball comic number 4, from October 1990. I was intrigued by the illustration, and especially the caption ("card which horrified me as a kid"!?), so I tracked down the original at the card shop where I blew most of my high school lunch money...

And here it is, 1964 Topps #335. Turns out Don Mossi had a solid career, even if he did give young Danny C. nightmares.

Me, I was terrified by Pete Rose.

1 Comments:

At 1:16 PM, October 05, 2012 , Blogger Cliff said...

This one's a beaut. But, actually, there are worse. In fact, pretty much anytime Don stepped in front of a camera, bad things were bound to happen:

http://reallybadbaseballcards.blogspot.com/2012/08/don-mossi-king-of-kings-and-host-of.html

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home