Friday, August 16, 2013

Quickie PDX Roadtrip

Drove down to Portland yesterday, mainly to see a Hillsboro Hops game with my pal Gabe. This is the inaugural Hops season, and they're playing in this nice new ballpark...

They're the area's first pro club since the Portland Beavers left in 2010. It's only single-A ball, but still, much better than nothing. Gabe took this picture of me with Hops mascot Barley...

For the record, the visiting Salem-Keizer Volcanoes won, 6-5.

I've driven between Seattle and Portland dozens of times, but coming home today I finally stopped at some places I've long wondered about, like Kalama's Columbia Inn...

I had the Jack Benny Burger, inspired by this sign...

It wasn't very good. Then in Chehalis I checked out Yard Birds, and it didn't disappoint...

Of all the kooky bird statues around the place, this one's my favorite...

Also stopped by Portland's Sasquatch Brewing Company and Bigfoot's Burritos and Subs at Gee Cee's Truck Stop, both of which I added to my In Search of Bigfoot page. And now I'm home.
***

Labels: , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home