Friday, April 15, 2011

Rainy Night in Georgia

Feels like it's raining all over the world.

I'm in Hotlanta, or Shitlanta, or the ALT or whatever it's called. Home of Spud Webb, Wolf Blitzer, Billy Beer, Outkast, David Cross, the Black Lips, Ty Cobb, Gladys Knight, the Pips, and Chief Noc-A-Homa. Sadly, tonight's Braves/Mets game was rained out. I've been to a few games with rain delays, but this was only my third all-out rainout (the others being in Texas and at Wrigley Field). Instead, I updated Super Ichiro Crazy while watching the Canucks/Blackhawks game in my room at the Marriott (sure enough, inside the nightstand is The Book of the Mormons).

In case you were wondering, I have been here before, but it was just an overnight layover when I was a kid in the late '70s, on a family vacation to New York. I think we stayed at a Motel 6 near the airport.

Anyway, tonight's game will be made up during tomorrow's doubleheader. After all, tomorrow is another day.
***

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home